[opam-devel] [Caml-list] [ANN] IOCaml v0.3

Anders Fugmann anders at fugmann.net
Fri Feb 14 11:12:45 GMT 2014

On 02/14/2014 11:49 AM, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> The too-new library is almost certainly the case -- although unfortunately I don't have the 3.2.4 version in my Homebrew anymore and so the switch doesn't work (they don't keep older versions around like OPAM does, I believe).
>
> $ brew switch zmq 3.2.4
> Error: zmq does not have a version "3.2.4" in the Cellar.
> Versions available: 4.0.3
>
> Are the interfaces very different between the versions to support both, or does this require a big rev to your bindings?
I do not think that is feasible.

ZMQ 3.x.x and ZMQ 4.x.x has different wire formats, so they are not
interchangeable. Also the header files have changed, so I assume that
would not be possible to have a version that supports both (i.e. based
on the C library installed).

We would at some point upgrade the binding to 4.x, but we don't have any
concrete plans. That said I would guess that its not too far into the
future.

However, it seems that its possible to install the zmq 3.2 though brew:

 > brew tap homebrew/versions
 > brew install zeromq32

Regards
Anders Fugmann