[opam-devel] [Caml-list] [ANN] IOCaml v0.3

Anders Fugmann anders at fugmann.net
Fri Feb 14 14:27:23 GMT 2014

Hi Sylvian
On 02/14/2014 01:43 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:

> I would 100% prefer that ocaml-zmq "ownership" or "official branch"
> became Issuu branch. I think it will be better to have 1 maintained
> package than 1 maintain and 1 unmaintained.
>
> That said, I am not sure how to transfer ownership in Github (or even
> if it is possible). So my proposal, is to create a forge project to
> just host the tarballs and made OPAM to point to it. I am not saying
> that the project VCS should move away from Github! I just think that a
> forge project would be nice and would allow to have the maintained
> branch release there...
>
> An alternate method is to use:
> http://oasis.ocamlcore.org/dev/view/ZMQ/latest
>
> But this old OASIS-DB instance will go through major refactoring some
> time this year, so I would prefer hosting tarballs on Forge...

I'm not sure what you mean by ownership.

GitHub does not have a notion of ownership or "official" repository
across forks (its does track forks though, so you could say it has a
notion of "upstream").

Like Anil, I'm not exactly sure how forge helps in this case as Active
development would still occur on github. And I guess the idea is to
allow users to understand where to find most resent sources. Opam should
be able to provide a reference to the relevant fork on github.

Regards
Anders Fugmann