[opam-devel] updating the ocaml ppa to 4.02.3

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Mon Aug 10 14:06:34 BST 2015

On 10 Aug 2015, at 14:01, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas at gazagnaire.org> wrote:

>> I've updated the Ubuntu OCaml PPA in the ppa-opam-experimental tree to OCaml 4.02.3, Camlp4 4.02+6 and OPAM 1.2.2 built against this.  I'll be rolling this out to the OCaml 4.02.x branches soon, so Travis will start picking it up by default once that rebuild happens.
>
> I think you forgot to update camlp4 on the ppa, so the Travis CI scripts trying to compile 4.02 are broken:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/mirage/ocaml-git/jobs/74897466

Not forgotten -- there's no way to do an atomic upgrade of the repositories, and so ocaml, camlp4 and then opam have to be rebuilt in sequence.  Since armhf takes around 2 hours to build, there's some downtime.  I'd been hoping that both versions would be published simultaneously, but apparently not.

OCaml has built, and camlp4 is building now, and OPAM will finish after that, so the OCaml 4.02.x/OPAM 1.2.x PPA should be operational again in a couple of hours.