[opam-devel] opam publish package name

Fabrice Le Fessant Fabrice.Le_fessant at inria.fr
Wed Aug 19 11:04:38 BST 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Louis Gesbert
<louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com> wrote:
>> package, preventing "opam-cache", etc.), either to reserve names for
>> possible plugins ("search", "file", "git", etc).
>
> "search" is already an opam command :)

Is it planned to have a dynlink mechanism for plugins ? Then, it would
be possible to override existing builtin commands from inside.
Another possibility would be to have aliases for builtins, and allow
to override their default names: for example, if I type "opam search
XXX", opam would first call "opam-search", and only if it does not
exist, call the builtin. Then "opam-search" would be able to call
"opam builtins search XXX" to access the builtin command with enhanced
parameters...

--Fabrice
--
Fabrice LE FESSANT