[opam-devel] regular bulk builds: now with HTML output!

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Mon Jun 1 10:13:00 BST 2015

On 30 May 2015, at 19:19, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas at gazagnaire.org> wrote:

>> On 01/08/2015 07:52 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>>> http://www.recoil.org/~avsm/opam-bulk/  (temporary URL)
>>
>> This is very nice and useful ! How can we contribute to opam-bulk project ?
>
> This is now live at http://opam.ocaml.org/builds/ (click on the SHA1s to get the build table).
>
> The source code is there: https://github.com/avsm/ocaml-docker-scripts

Hi Çagdas,

The scripts are still very experimental and need some manual handholding quite regularly (mainly because running 4000 simultaneous Docker containers still triggers some data corruption in the filesystem backends in use and destroys the humble SSDs with all the disk I/O).  That's why the /builds URL is not linked from the main opam.ocaml.org page yet.

In the meanwhile though, you can in theory recreate the builds (albeit slowly) by running this on a host with a recent Docker installed:

    opam install -y cmdliner cow git core_kernel
    git clone git://github.com/avsm/ocaml-docker-scripts
    cd ocaml-docker-scripts/bulk-builds
    <edit cron.sh to set JOBS to a reasonable parallel build value>
    ./cron.sh

This will do a single bulk build of all the OS variants and output HTML into logs/

Even more useful would be to keep an eye on https://opam.ocaml.org/builds and submit pull requests to fix the failing packages :-)

cheers,
Anil