[opam-devel] pin and constraints

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Thu Jun 18 00:10:59 BST 2015

Hello,

I thought that a pin would satisfy any constraint. This doesn't seem to be the case for example here I have:
> opam pin list | grep "uucp\|uuseg"
uucp.0.9.1 git /Users/dbuenzli/sync/repos/uucp#HEAD
uuseg.0.8.0 git /Users/dbuenzli/sync/repos/uuseg

Now in my uuseg pin's opam file I have the constraint "uucp" {>= "1.0.0"} if I do a `opam reinstall uuseg` I get:

The following dependencies couldn't be met:
- uuseg -> uucp >= 1.0.0
Your request can't be satisfied:

- uucp>=1.0.0 is not available because the package is pinned to /Users/dbuenzli/sync/repos/uucp#HEAD, version 0.9.1.

which is somehow annoying. Is there any way out from that situation ?

Best,

Daniel