[opam-devel] pinned package not installing dependencies

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Thu Jan 21 15:42:16 GMT 2016

Indeed, that must be the error:
the default behaviour, on the repository, is to just ignore a field when it
doesn't have the expected format -- to break as little as possible when the
repository isn't exactly as expected (repository bug, or problem of
compatibility beteen versions).

This shouldn't, of course, be the case for pinned packages when using an opam
file from the source or the user -- so that may be a bug in Opam. In any
case, I would recomment using `--debug` to see what happens.

Best,
Louis Gesbert - OCamlPro