[ocaml-platform] Changes to my previous proposal for namespaces

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Tue Mar 19 12:14:17 GMT 2013

On 03/19/2013 12:58 PM, Leo White wrote:
> Sorry, the above psuedo-code is supposed to be going backwards through
> the paths.

It should be noted that this would change the current behavior (-I
directory are scanned in the order they are provided, with a first-match
policy).  We probably don't care too much because it is unlikely that
the same unit will be present in several directories.

I'm more concerned with the fact that order matters even if there is no
conflict, which, again is a departure from today's situation.  ocamlfind
will need to pass -I flags in the correct order.  Wouldn't it be better
to resolve aliases in the same way as references in the source code
(i.e. using all the -I flags)?

-- Alain