[ocaml-platform] Dev Version as Package?

Trevor Smith trevorsummerssmith at gmail.com
Sun May 10 17:44:05 BST 2015

I tried setting up the "option 1" -- using a repo url. This works fine for
clean installs, however it does not work for my use case for updates. I
didn't realize until I tried it out that this won't update upon any
dependent installation. As noted by Louis, pinning also does not reinstall
from a repo url when a dependent install happens -- it only updates the
meta-data.

What I would like is a way (ideally within opam) to say "when this package
dependend-upon it should always be checked for update and upgrade".

Am I correct in stating that currently there is no way to mark a package as
"update and upgrade this package whenever something that depends upon it is
installed"?

Thanks.

Trevor