[ocaml-platform] Maintainer notifications for opam-builder -- and other opam-builder enhancements

Fabrice Le Fessant fabrice.le_fessant at ocamlpro.com
Fri Sep 30 20:20:53 BST 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 8:48 PM Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch>
wrote:

> I don't know what docker uses, but a linux sign-off (
> http://developercertificate.org/) is very very very different from the
> CLA companies usually try to make you sign

Because they use BSD-like licenses, that allows them to redistribute your
code as their own under a proprietary license, so yes, they don't need to
ask for more (well, the Linux kernel is a different case as they use GPL
and keeps everything GPL).

> (which tend to be quite unfair toward contributors)...

Most of the CLAs I have seen recently (probably copied from the same
original one) are actually not so unfair, as they don't ask for the
ownership of the code, but just a license to use and relicense the code.
The only CLA I know that is different is the one used by the FSF, that is
done to allow them to sue for license enfringements on your code.

--Fabrice