[opam-devel] Ubuntu PPAs for OCaml (4.00 and 4.01dev)

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Wed Jul 17 15:22:14 BST 2013

I've put together two Ubuntu PPAs to make it more convenient to use modern OCaml/OPAM versions on Ubuntu via binary packages.

OPAM stable:
https://launchpad.net/~avsm/+archive/ppa
This includes the latest stable OCaml (4.00.1) and OPAM (1.0.0).

OPAM unstable:
https://launchpad.net/~avsm/+archive/ppa-opam-unstable
This includes the latest snapshot of OCaml (4.01.0dev) and OPAM (1.0.1dev).  This should get you reasonably stable snapshot of both, and will include the release candidates of OCaml when it's released.

For now, these are experimental PPAs as I muddle my way through learning how Debian packaging works.  Reports of breakage or success to me directly would be appreciated.  Most of this PPA was based on the excellent Debian package sources, and thanks to Mehdid Dogguy in particular for the OPAM packaging.

cheers,
Anil