[ocaml-platform] Maintainer notifications for opam-builder -- and other opam-builder enhancements

Fabrice Le Fessant fabrice.le_fessant at ocamlpro.com
Fri Sep 30 19:31:35 BST 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:40 PM Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:

> That is correct, but how does this fit in with the request for
> contributions that Gabriel issued?  External contributors presumably need
> to sign a CLA with OCamlPro to give them copyright retention over the
> source code so that you can dual license it.  Has Gabriel signed such a CLA
> for https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-builder/pull/27, and are other
> contributors expected to do the same?

I don't understand the relationship between AGPL and the need for a CLA.
Many free-software or open-source projects make their contributors sign a
CLA (even Docker asks PRs to contain a sign-off), this is completely
unrelated to using AGPL, BSD, or whatever. By the way, I didn't need to ask
Gabriel to sign the CLA because his contribution, although significative by
its impact, is not significative by the number of lines.

--Fabrice