[opam-devel] opam publish package name

Fabrice Le Fessant Fabrice.Le_fessant at inria.fr
Wed Aug 19 10:49:26 BST 2015

I think it's worth doing it, even if we also keep the old logic for
compatilibility for a few years from now, until Ubuntu LTS is dead.
Otherwise, we will either have to limit opam plugin names to avoid
conflicts with existing packages (for example, "cache" is already a
package, preventing "opam-cache", etc.), either to reserve names for
possible plugins ("search", "file", "git", etc).

--Fabrice

--
Fabrice LE FESSANT
Chercheur en Informatique